Every roof is different, therefore the factors behind putting a new roof on your home are going to vary. Reputation, license and insurance are just a few of the aspects that influence your decision to hire a roofing contractor. The extent of work, roof materials used, bid specifics, and final roofing project cost are, nonetheless, the most critical elements.
How does a roofing company price a new roof? What are the variables to consider? Here are the top five factors that will affect the price of your roof estimate:
1. Size of the Roof. The first factor that affects the overall cost of roof replacement is the size of the roof. Most roofing materials are sold by roofing squares. To determine this number, the roofer will measure the square footage of your roof and divide it by 100.
2. Slope or Pitch. Another essential factor that influences the price of roof replacement is the slope or pitch of the roof. If the roof is too steep, for example, it will generally require additional staging and labor to complete the roofing job in a safe and efficient manner. The pitch will determine the type of underlayment system required for the replacement.
3. Roofing Material. Your roofing material plays a crucial role in the durability, performance, longevity, and beauty of your roof. Asphalt shingles are the most widely used roofing material today because of their affordable price and easy installation. On the other hand, some of the most expensive roofing materials are wood shakes, metal roofing and traditional slate.
4. Roof Access. If access to the roof is complicated, it will require more labor and equipment to take off the old roof and bring up new roofing materials. For expert roofers, the easier the access and the less time needed to finish the work, the cheaper the cost of the roof replacement project.
5. Necessary Permits. The area where you live may affect the costs of your roof repairs depending on the scope of your project. If your roofing repair is more extensive, you might need a permit for it. The price for a permit can vary. Some areas do a flat rate for roofing repair permits while others may base the permit cost on the scope of the project or the size of your home.
Progressive Remodeling & Roofing Company will exceed all of your expectations when it comes to anything roof-related, from basic roof repair to massive roof installs and everything in between. Give us a call at (833) 385-0685 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free appointment.